Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Hasbro: Star Wars Command Gamorrean Guard

Here is an orc I forgot to include in my Orc Army.  A friend pointed out that the Gamorrean Guard figure from the Star Wars Command series makes an excellent orc. I only have a couple of these figures.  Not enough for army building, but he does make a fine orc.  He is about 45mm.  He comes in the Rancor Revenge set which also includes a Rancor that works as a fantasy monster.

I remember thinking "why is there an orc in a sci fi movie" the first time I saw Jedi.   Well, I am glad for it now.










8 comments:

  1. Yeah your right about the Orc looking figures, I will have to get some of these.
    Darren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, good call on the Orcishness of my favourite space pigs. That Rancor looks pretty good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i bought this set last year,it 's great. ew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, its been out for a while, I just forgot about it until a friend reminded me.

      Delete
  4. I just got this set 2 weeks ago from amazon for cheap. Only comes with two Gamorrean Guards. But the Rancor is sweeet!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've actually used a vintage Star Wars Gamorrean Guard as an orc with LJN's AD&D figures.
    Are you at all familiar with D&D-style gaming miniatures? How would those SW Command Gamorreans measure up to a heroic scale pewter miniature like Reaper's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your guess is a good as mine. I am not into D&D style minis except in the rare cases where they are large enough to fit with toy soldiers.

      Delete
    2. Well I'm less familiar with toy soldiers, I just know my DFC demons and gargoyles are a tad taller than my human heroes.
      I did a quick measure and a reasonable size for a "heroic scale" orc miniature would probably be around 1.5" tall without the base factored in. Are the SW Command Gamorreans close to that height?

      Delete